A field experiment was carried out during Kharif, 2020 at Crop Research Farm, Department of Agronomy, Sam Higginbottom University of Agriculture, Technology and Sciences, Prayagraj (U.P) on sandy loam soil to assess the effect of biofertilizers and phosphorus on growth parameters and yield of Cowpea. The design of field experiment was Randomized block design consisting of ten treatments each replicated thrice. Experimental results showed significant increase in growth parameter viz., Plant height (81.09 cm), number of branches (4.87), number of nodules (53.27), plant dry weight (30.43 g/plant), crop growth rate (12.59 g/m2/plant) and yield attributing parameters viz., pods/plant (14.73), seeds/ pod (8.85), 100-seed weight (8.02 g), seed yield (2.62 t/ha) and biological yield (9.07 t/ha) were recorded with dual inoculation of Phosphate Solubilizing Bacteria and Vesicular Arbuscular Mycorrhiza along with 55 kg phosphorus per hectare.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
- Anonymous, 2018. Pulses Revolution from Food to Nutritional Security, Government of India, Department of Agriculture, Cooperation & Farmers Welfare, New Delhi.
- Biswas, A. and Patra, A. P. 2007. Study on the effect of phosphorus, Vesicular Arbuscular Mychorryzae (VAM) and Phosphate Solubilizing Bacteria (PSB) on the performance of summer green gram. National Symposium on Legumes for Ecological Sustainability: Emerging Challenges and Opportunities held during 3-5 Nov. 2007 at Indian Institute of Pulses Research, Kanpur.
- Biswas, P. K., Bhowmick, M. K., Kundu, M. C., Mondal, S. and Ghosh, G. K. 2015. Conjoint application of biofertilizer and phosphorous levels on growth, nodulation, nutrient uptake and productivity of lentil (Lens culinaris Medikus) in red and lateritic soils of West Bengal. Journal Crop and Weed, 11(1): 29-32.
- Dongare, D. M., Pawar, G. R., Murumkar, S. B. and Chavan, D. A. 2016. To study the effect of different fertilizer and biofertilizer levels on growth and yield of summer greengram. International Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 12(2): 151-157.
- Gomez, K. W. and Gomez, A. A. 1984. Statistical procedures for agricultural research, Second edition. John Wiley & Sons, New York, pp 680.
- Gupta, A., Sharma, G. D. and Chopra, P. 2006. Effect of biofertilizers and phosphorus levels on yield attributes, yield and quality of urdbean (Vigna mungo). Indian Journal of Agronomy, 51(20): 142-144.
- Jaga, P. K. and Sharma, S. 2015. Effect of bio-fertilizer and fertilizers on productivity of soybean. Annals of Plant and Soil Research, 17(2): 171-174.
- Kant, S., Kumar, A., Kumar, S., Kumar, V., Pal, Y. and Shukla, A. K. 2016. Effect of Rhizobium PSB and P-levels on Growth, Yield Attributes and Yield of Urdbean (Vigna mungo L.). Journal of pure and applied microbiology, 10(4): 3093-3098.
- Kumar, M. and Chandra, R. 2003. Rhizobium and VAM inoculation effect on mungbean (Vigna radiata) with varying phosphorus levels. Legume Research, 26(4): 284-287.
- Kumawat, P. K., Tiwari, R. C., Golada, S. L., Garhwal, R. K. and Choudhary, R. 2013. Effect of phosphorus sources, levels and biofetilizers on yield attributes, yield and economics of black gram [Phaseolus Mungo (L.)]. Legume Research, 36: 70-73.
- Mir, A. H., Lal, S. B., Salmani, M., Abid and Khan, I. 2013. Growth, yield and nutrient content of Blackgram (Vigna mungo) as influenced by Levels of phosphorus, sulphur and Phosphorus solubilizing bacteria. SAARC Journal of Agriculture, 11(1): 1-6.
- Nadeem, M. A., Singh, V., Dubey, R. K., Pandey, A. K., Singh, B., Kumar, N. and Pandey, S. 2017. Influence of phosphorus and bio-fertilizers on growth and yield of cowpea [Vigna unguiculata (L.) Walp.] in acidic soil of NEH region of India. Legume Research, 1-4.
- Pandey, T. D., Tiwari, R. B. and Pandey, S. A. 2014. Organic Farming. Kushal Publication and Distributors, Varanasi.
- Prajapati, B. J., Gudadhe, N., Gamit, V. R. and Chhaganiya, H. J. 2017. Effect of integrated phosphorus management on growth, yield attributes and yield of chickpea. Farming & Management, 2(1): 36-40.
- Pramanik, K. and Bera, A. K. 2012. Response of biofertilizer and phytohormone on growth and yield of chick pea (Cicer arietinum L.). Journal of Crop and Weed, 8(2): 45-49.
- Pramanik, K. and Singh, R. K. 2003. Effect of levels and mode of phosphorus and bio-fertilizers on chickpea under dryland conditions. Indian Journal of Agronomy, 48: 294-96.
- Sammauria, R., Yadav, R. S. and Nagar, K. C. 2009. Performance of clusterbean (Cyamopsis tetragonoloba) as influenced by nitrogen and phosphorus fertilization and biofertilizers in Western Rajasthan. Indian Journal of Agronomy, 54(3): 319-323.
- Singh, A. K., Singh, C. K., Singh, R. K., Sarvjeet and Lavanya, G. R. 2015. Effect of phosphorus and bio fertilizer on growth and yield of greengram (Vigna radiata L.). Research in Environment and Life Sciences, 9(2): 223-225.
- Singh, B. and Pareek, R. G. 2003. Effect of phosphorus and biofertilizers on growth and yield of mung bean. Indian Journal of Pulses Research, 16: 31-33.
- Singh, D. K. Lekh, C., Singh, K. N. and Singh, J. K. 2006. Effect of different biofertilizers in combination with chemical fertilizers on pea (Pisum sativum L.) under temperate Kashmir conditions. Environment and Ecology, 24(3): 684-686.
- Sudhakar, E. and Ranganathan, P. 2020. Influence of Biofertilizer on the Growth and biochemical parameters of Arachis hypogea (L.). International Journal of Recent Scientific Research, 11(11): 40169-40171.
- Venkatarao, C. V., Naga, S. R., Yadav, B. L., Koli, D. K. and Rao, J. 2017. Effect of Phosphorus and Biofertilizers on Growth and Yield of Mungbean [Vigna radiata (L.) Wilczek]. International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences, 6(7): 3992-3997.
- Yadav, M., Yadav, S. S., Kumar, S., Yadav, T. and Yadav, H. K. 2017. Effect of Phosphorus and Bio-fertilizers on Growth and Yield, of Urdbean (Vigna mungo (l.) Hepper). International Journal of Plant & Soil Science, 18(5): 1-7.
- Zafar, N., Munir, M. K., Ahmed, S. and Zafar, M. 2020. Phosphorus Solubilizing Bacteria (PSB) in combination with different Fertilizer sources to enhance yield performance of chickpea. Life Science Journal, 17(8): 84-88.