Ancient farming methods with yogic techniques are reported as the zero budget sustainable method for cultivation, seed germination, plant growth, and harvesting. It increases the crop yield resulting in enhanced production and improved soil fertility. The Brahma Kumaris’ Raja Yoga Meditation (BKRYM) technique revived by Raja Yoga Education and Research Foundation (headquartered at Mount Abu, Rajasthan, India) is scientifically proven not only for an enhanced quality of farm produce but also for the well-being of farmers who practice this meditation. An initiative was taken in the Indian Finance Budget (July 2019) to propose and introduce Zero Budget Natural Farming (ZBNF), which promotes sustainable yogic agriculture. Scientific Research of India, Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), and Union Agricultural Ministry are also promoting this concept of yogic farming, but the farmers and researchers are not much aware of this holistic concept, which needs to be acknowledged and adapted to the specific social-cultural settings. BKRYM based yogic agriculture is a unique method of farming which helps in the sustainable development of the agro-ecosystem. This paper is aimed to explore the various studies, which shows that yogic-farming technique (BKRYM + Organic farming) is much efficient and superior to standard organic farming and chemical-based farming in terms of enhancing seed germination, soil health, plant growth, nutritional values, profitability along with farmers’ well being and reducing plant diseases, fungal and slug attacks and germination time
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
- Anonymous, 2010. Perpetual yogik kheti. Rural Development Wing. Rajyoga education and research foundations PPBKIVV. Mount Abu, 64.
- Anonymous, 2019. https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ news/economy/agriculture/budget-2019-zero-budget-farming-has-few-takers-in-the-state-where-it-originated/articleshow/70089472.cms. (Accessed on May 25, 2020).
- Anonymous, 2020a. http://www.Law of attraction com. (Accessed April 26, 2020).
- Anonymous, 2020b. https://www.yogickheti.org/project-details.html. (Accessed April 27, 2020).
- Backster, C. 2003. Primary perception: Biocommunication with plants, living foods, and human cells. White Rose Millennium Press.
- Emoto, M., 2004. Healing with water. Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. 10(1): 19-21.
- Girme, A., Deshpande, B. and Dubey, R., 2019. Revolutionary Yogic Agriculture. International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering. 8(3): 4514-4517.
- Grish K., Yadav, S.K., Lal, S.K. and Nagarajan, S., 2011. Static magnetic field treatment enhances seed performance in cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.). Seed Research 39(2): 124-129.
- Haid, M. and Huprikar, S., 2001. Modulation of germination and growth of plants by meditation. The American Journal of Chinese Medicine. 29(3-4): 393-401.
- Kumari, N., Babalad, H.P. and Basarkar, P.W., 2012. Effect of homa organic practices on soyabean crop. Organic Farming Newsletter. 8(1), 3-10.
- Laurene, D.C., 2007. The effect of intentional thought in close proximity or at a distance: Demonstrating the relation between mind and matter on seed germination. Dissertation submitted to the faculty of holos university Graduate seminary. Missouri, USA, in partial fulfillment of the requirement for the degree of PhD.
- Lipton, B., 2012. Quantum physics: spirituality and your life experiences. In: The biology of Belief. (www.abundance-and–happiness.com/quantum-physics. html ).
- Ndiritu, J., 2015. Applying acoustic frequency and meditation techniques to improve crop production-a review. 10.13140/RG.2.1.3385.2646. pp: 1-10
- Pandey, S.T., Verma, O., Kewalanand, D.S., Gillz, S., Patel, J.C., Pate, G.N., Patel, D.M., Patel, B.T., Pate, B.B., Patel, D.S. and Patel, I.S., 2015. Yogic Farming through Brahma Kumaris Raja Yoga Meditation: An Ancient Technique for Enhancing Crop Performance. Asian Agri-History. 19(2), 105-122.
- Ramsay, T., 2012. Yogic agriculture reaping rewards in India. Rio Plus Business magazine, June, 2012, 118-119. http://rioplus.org/rio20-business-focus-yogic-farming-reaping-rewards-in-India.
- RERF (Rural Development Wing, Rajyoga Education and Research Foundation and Prajapita Brahma Kumaris Ishwariya Vishwa Vidhyalaya), 2009. Perpetual Yogic Agriculture (Shashwat Yogic Kheti). A Novel Step towards a New Era. Omshanti Press,India pp : 1-56
- Rashmi, S., Pandey, S.T., Omvati, V., Neha, J., Srivastava, R.C. and Guru, S.K., 2014. Effect of physical and metaphysical energy on germination and seedling vigour of chick pea. International Journal of Basic & Applied Agricultural Research. 12(3): 339-346.
- Roney-Dougal, S.M. and Solfvin, J., 2003. Field study of an enhancement effect on lettuce seeds: a replication study. Journal of Parapsychology. 67(2), 279-297.
- Sharp, S., 2014. Miraculous messages from water: how water reflects our consciousness. (www.wellnessgoods.com)
- Singh, A. 2018. An exploratory study to evaluate the outcome of Rajyoga meditation on the well-being status of individuals attending selected Rajyoga meditation centers of Punjab. M.Sc. Thesis submitted to the faculty of State Institute of Nursing and Paramedical Sciences, Badal, Punjab, India, in partial fulfillment for the requirement for the degree of M.Sc.
- Singh, A., Sharma, S. B., Kaur, A., Kumari, A., Rani, A.B., Saini, D. and Kaur, G., 2019b. Effectiveness of “Rajyoga meditation” for holistic healing in Addicted patients: A Quasi- experimental study. International Journal of Advanced Research and Review. 4(11): 28-36.
- Singh, A., Tak, G. and Sharma, S.B., 2019a. Rajyoga meditation and well-being status: an exploratory study. International Journal of Current Research. 11(1): 64-67. https://doi.org/10.2491/ijcr.33881.01.2019.
- Tahir, N.A.R. and Karim, H.F.H., 2010. Impact of magnetic application on the parameters related to growth of chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.). Jordan Journal of Biological Sciences. 3: 175-184.
- Wayne B.J. and Crawford, C.C., 2003. Science and Spiritual Healing: a critical Review of spiritual healing, “energy” medicine, and intentionality. Alternative Therapies, Health and Medicine. 9(2): 56-61.