In present study, an attempt has been made to estimate the overall effect of migraine on the personality of the subjects and difference in personality traits of migraine and non-migraine patients. The present study was conducted on a sample of 116 migraine patients (of age group 20-60 yrs.). All subjects were residents of Meerut city. Results of high scoring traits show that the following traits like brightness, assertive, venturesome and apprehensive are significantly different among normal male and migraine male subjects.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
- Burker, Eileen, Hannay, H., Julia and Halsey, James, H. 1989. Neuropsychological functioning and personality, characteristics of migrainous and non migrainous female college students. Neuropsychology, 3(2): 61-73.
- Cunningham, S. J., Mc Grath, P. T., Ferguson, H. B., Homphreys, P. 1987. Personality and behavioural characteristics in Pediatric migraine. Headache, 27(11): 16-20.
- Henryk-Gutt, Rita and Rees, W., Linford. 1973. Psychological aspects of migraine. Journal of Psychosomatic Research (Mar), 17(21): 141-153.
- Kohler, Thomas and Kosanic, Stanimir. 1992. Are persons with migraine characterized by a high degree of ambition, orderliness and rigidity. Pain (Mar), 48(3): 321-323.
- Mokhber, N., Ardani, A.R., Beglar, N. Y. and Akbarzadeh, F. 2013. The comparison of personality types in patientswith vascular headache and tension-type headache. Neurology Asia, 18 (4): 377-384.
- Philips, Clare. 1976. Headache and personality. Journal of Psychosomatic Research (Mar), 20(6): 535-542.
- Price, Kenneth, P. and Blackwall, Scott. 1980. Trait levels of anxiety and psychological responses to stress in Migraineurs and normal controls. Journal of clinical Psychology (Jul), 36(3): 658-660.
- Rees, W., Linford. 1974. Personality and Psychodynamic mechanisms in Migraine. Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics, 23(1-b): 111-121.
- Rogado, Alice, Z., Harrisan, Robert, H. and Graham, John, R. 1979. Personality profiles in cluster headache, Migraine and normal controls. Archivosde Neyrobiologia, 37: 227-241.
- Schnarch, David, M. and Hunter, John, E. (1979). In: Personality differences between randomly selected Migrainous and non migrainous people. Psychotherapy: Theory, Research & Practice, 16(3): 297-309.
- Tyagi, Rashmi, 2000. In: Ph.D. Thesis “Personality profile of migraine patients and their coping behaviour” submitted to Department of Psychology, C.C.S. University, Meerut.