A field experiment was carried out during Zaid season of 2020 at Crop Research Farm, Department of Agronomy, SHUATS, Prayagraj, (U.P.). The soil of experimental site was sandy loam in texture, nearly neutral in soil reaction (pH 7.2), EC (0.34 dS/m), low in available N (203.7 kg/ha), medium in available P (17.2 kg/ha) and medium in available K (208.8 kg/ha). The experiment was laid out in Randomized block design and having nine treatment consisted of three levels of Phosphorus (P) viz., (40, 30 and 20 kg/ha) and three levels of Potassium (K) viz., (30, 20 and 10 kg/ha) which replicated thrice and effect was observed on Gujarat Til-4 sesame variety. The result showed significantly higher yield and yield attributes viz., Number of Capsules per plant (49.80), Seeds per capsule (56.4), Test weight (3.90 g), Seed yield (361 kg/ha), Biological yield (2002.15 kg/ha) and quality analysis i.e. Oil content (50.53%) were recorded maximum in application of 40 kg P/ha plus 20 kg K/ha.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
- Adisu, T., Anbesse, B., Tamene, D. 2020. Effect of Nitrogen and Phosphorus on Yield and Yield Components of Sesame (Sesamum Indicum L.) at Kamashi Zone of Benshangul Gumuz under Balanced Fertilizer. Advanced Techniques in Biology & Medicine. 8:276-281.
- Ahmad, F., Ahemad, J., Nawaz, H.,Abbas. M.W.,Shah, M A., Iqbal S., Mehmood, Z. and Ali, M. 2018. Influence of Sulphur and potassium levels on yield and yield attributes of sesame (Sesamum indicum L.). Research in Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries. 5(2): 147- 150.
- Bhosale, N. D. 2009. Effect of potash and sulphur on growth, yield and quality of sesame (Sesamum indicum L.). M.Sc(ag) thesis, Junagadh Agricultural University. Junagadh (Gujurat).
- Chakraborty, A. 2013. Performance of summer sesame (Sesamum indicum L.) and estimation of economic and optimum doses of nitrogen and phosphorus in red and laterite soils of West Bengal. Journal of Crop and Weed. 9(1): 75-78.
- Chang, A. H., Sheikh, S. A., Jamro, G. H., Jamro, G. M. and Memon, R. B. 2005. Growth and yield of sesame (Sesamum indicum L.) to different NP combinations. Indus Journal of Plant Sciences. 4(1): 32-37.
- Choudhari, S. R. and Patel, D. B. 2007. Response of sesamum (Sesamum indicum L.) to different levels of phosphorous and sulphur under north Gujarat agro climatic conditions. Gujarat Agricultural University Research Journal. 32(1-2): 31-33.
- De, P. S., Bhale V. M. and Khadse V. A. 2013. Quality and Economics of Summer Sesame (Sesamum indicum L.) as influenced by irrigation and Nutrient Levels. International Journal of Bio-resource and Stress Management. 4(2):369-371.
- Gomez, K. A and Gomez, A. A. 1984. Statistical procedures for agricultural research. 2nd edition.
- Hafiz, S. I. and El-Bramawy, M. A. S. 2012. Response of sesame (Sesamum indicum L.) to phosphorus fertilization and spraying with potassium in newly reclaimed sandy soils. International Journal of Agricultural Science Research. 1(3): 34-40.
- Jadav, D. P. 2004. Effect of different levels of sulphur and potash on grain and oil yields of sesame. M.Sc.(agri) Thesis submitted to J.A.U. Junagadh.
- Jadhav, S. R. and Pawar, G. R. 2015. Effect of nitrogen, phosphorus and biofertilizers on growth, yield and quality of summer sesamum (Sesamum indicum L.) International Journal of Tropical Agriculture. 33(2):475-480.
- Jahan, N., Alam, A. B. M. S., Mitu, A. S., Habib, M. A. and Rahman, M. S. 2019. Effect of Phosphorus on growth and yield of sesame, Research in Agriculture livestock and fisheries. 6(2): 245- 251.
- Jat, R., Naga, S. R., Choudhary R and Mohammad, I. 2017. Effect of potassium and Sulphur on Quality of sesame (Sesamum indicum L.). International Journal of Microbiology and applied science. 6(4): 1876-1878.
- Khadse V. A., Ghatol P. U. and Bhale V. M. 2017. Performance of Summer Sesame under Different Irrigation Scheduling and Nutrient Levels Vidarbha Region. International Journal of Current Microbialogy and Applied Science. 6(11): 1988-1993.
- Malik, M. A., Saleem, M. F., Cheema, M. A. and Ahmed, S. 2003. Influence of different nitrogen levels on productivity of sesame (Sesamum indicum L.) under varying planting patterns. Int. J. Agric. Biol. 5(4): 490-492.
- Okpara, D. A., Muoneke, C. O. and Ojikpong T. O. 2007. Effects of nitrogen and phosphorus fertilizer rates on the growth and yield of sesame (sesamum indicum L.) in the southeastern rainforest belt of Nigeria. Nigerian Agriculture Journal. 38: 1-11.
- Pagal, A. K., Singh, A. P., Behera, S. and Meher, C. 2017. Effect of Differrent Levels of Sulphur and Phosphorus on Growth and Yield Attributes of Sesamum. International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Science. 6(11): 3278-3285.
- Patel H. A. and Raj A. D. 2017. Nutrient content as well as uptake of summer sesame as affected by nitrogen, phosphorous and biofertilizers under South Gujarat condition. International Journal of Chemical Studies. 5(6): 01-04.
- Rahman Abdel A. El Mahdi. 2008. Response of sesame to nitrogen and phosphorous fertilization in Northen Sudan. Journal of Applied Biosciences. 8(2):304-308.
- Rajiv, Singh, D. P. and Prakash, H. G. 2012. Response of sesame (Sesamum indicum L.) varieties to sulphur and potassium application under rainfed condition. International Journal of Agricultural Sciences. 8(2): 476-478.
- Sarkar, R. K. and Pal, P. K. 2005. Effect of crop geometry, fertility level and nipping on physiological parameters in relation to productivity of sesame (Sesamum indicum L.). Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences. 72: 70-73.
- Shehu, H. E., Kawari, D and Sandabe, M. K. 2010. Effect of N, and K fertilizer on yield, content and uptake of N,P and K by Sesame. International Journal of Agriculture and Biology. 37(3): 602-604.
- Shelke R. I, Kalegore N. K and Wayase K. P. 2014. Effect of levels of phosphorus and Sulphur on growth, yield and quality of sesame (Sesamum indicum L.). World Journal of Agricultural sciences. 10(3):108-111.
- Thakur, A. K., Pradhan, A., Patel, R. K. and Kumar, P. 2015. Effect of different Nitrogen, Phosphorus and Potassium levels on sesame (Sesamum indicum L.) in Bastar Plateau of Chatisgarh. The Bioscan. 10(3): 1241-1243.
- Thentu, T. L., Nawlakhe, S. M, Mankar, D. D., Shrinivasrao, M. and Bhonde, G. V. 2014. Growth, Yield and Quality of Summer Sesame as Influenced by the Fertilizer and Sulphur Levels. Journal of Soil and Crops. 24(1): 143-147.
- Unde G. B., Suryavanshi V. P. and Shinde R. S. 2017. Optimization of spacing and Fertilizer Levels on Growth of Sesame (Sesamum indicum L.). International Journal of Current Microbialogy and Applied Science. 6(12): 2793-2796.
- Uzun B, Arslan I, Furat E. 2008. Variation in fatty acid compositions, oil content and oil yield in a germ plasm collection of sesame (Sesamum indicum L.). Journal of the American Oil Chemists’ Society. 85, 1135-1142.
- Younis, M., Shah, S. Inamullah, R. Gul, A. Jalal, F. Khalil, I. Hussain and M.A. Fahad. 2020. Effect of phosphorus and sulphur on yield and yield components of sesame. Sarhad Journal of Agriculture, 36(2): 722-728.