The present paper discusses about the applications of protected cultivation for crop activities, and technology utilization in India. The crop production, management, plant propagation are applied at protected cultivation in sustainable agriculture. The advancement of technology is boosted in protected cultivation that transforms sustainable agriculture into modern agriculture. The various agricultural crops are practiced naturally after research progress in protected cultivation. The various sophisticated technologies like scientific farming, vertical farming, vertical farming with hydroponics, organic farming, micro-irrigation, organic fertigation, chemical fertigation, IPM, IDM, INM, farm machines & tools, aquaponic, micro green farming, in-situ crop preservation, azolla production and seed production are utilized in crop activity and academic & research. The modern technologies are constituted in protected cultivation that transforms modern agriculture into smart agriculture. It will promote land, water, waste land conservation. It would reform nutrient content of the soil, forbids soil erosion and soil pollution. It will provide employment opportunities, agricultural business, food security and rural development in India.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
- Amit, K., Sachin, T. and Neeraj, K. 2017. Protected Cultivation of Vegetable Crops. Dimensions of agricultural science, 62-68.
- Brahma, S. 2015. New Age Protected Cultivation, magazine devoted for the advancement of protected cultivation technology. ISPC, CPCT, IARI, New Delhi, pp. 1-40.
- Brahma, S. 2020. New Age Protected Cultivation, magazine devoted for the advancement of protected cultivation technology. ISPC, CPCT, IARI, New Delhi, pp. 1-40.
- Chakraborty, H. and Laxmi, N. S. 2015. Prospects of Protected Cultivation of Vegetable Crops in North Eastern Hilly Region. International Journal of Basic and Applied Biology, 2(5): 284-289.
- Debora, D. F. V., Flávia, M. and Clemente, V. T. 2018. Harvest-Expedition on Protected Cultivation: characterization and prospective study of the challenges and solutions associated with the protected cultivation of vegetable crops. Horticultura Brasileira, 36: 431-438.
- Prabhakar, I., Vijayaragavan, K., Premlata, S., Balraj, S., Janakiram, B. L., Manjunatha, Seema, J. and Sekar, I. 2017. Constraints in adoption and strategies to promote polyhouse technology among farmers: A multi-stakeholder and multi-dimensional study. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 87(4): 485-90.
- Prakash, P., Pramod, K., Amit, K., Awani, K. S. and Anbukkani, P. 2019. Progress and Performance of Protected Cultivation in Maharashtra. Indian Journal of Economics and Development, 15(4): 555-563.
- Saravaiya, S. N., Patel, N. B. and Sanjeev, K. 2014. Protected Cultivation: Future Technology for Vegetable Crops. Shodh Chintan, 6: 216-278.
- Singh, V. K., Ranjan, S., Anurag, S. and Manoj, K. S. 2015. Protected cultivation of Horticultural crops. Technical Bulletin, Central Institute for Subtropical Horticulture, Indian Council of Agricultural Research, Lucknow, pp. 1-27.
- Sylvan, H., Wittwer. and Nicolas, C. 1995. Protected Cultivation of Horticultural Crops Worldwide. Horticulture Technology, 5(1): 6-7.