The present study was conducted with an objective to observe the wound healing capacity under the influence of alternating current (AC) and direct current (DC) fields. To fulfil the aim of the study rats and rabbits were taken as experimental animals. These animals were divided into two groups i.e. experimental and control. Equal strength of animals were taken in each of the groups. During the study period It was observed that the surface area of the DC stimulated wound healed faster in comparison to AC stimulated wound. It was also found that the volume of AC stimulated wound healed faster than DC stimulated wound. Eventually, it was observed that stimulated wound healed rapidly in experimental animals in comparison to control group.
- Bayat, M., Zahra, A.M., Maroufi, M., Rezaie, F.S., Bayat, Maryam and Rakhshan, M. 2006. Experimental wound healing using micro-amperage electrical stimulation in rabbits. Journal of Rehabilitation Research & Development, 43(2): 219- 226.
- Carley, P.J. and Wainapel, S. 1985. Clinical Application of Electrotherapy for Accelerating Wound Healing, 114-116.
- Goudarzi, I., Hajizadeh, S., Salmani, M.E. and Abrari, K. 2010. Pulsed Electromagnetic Fields Accelerate Wound Healing in the Skin of Diabetic Rats. Bioelectromagnetics, 31: 318-23.
- Panicker, T.M.R., Jayamohan, N.S., Korath, M.K., Mohandas, K. and Jagadeesan, K. 2011. Effect of Pulsed Magnetic Field on Wound Healing Property in Wistar Rats: A Preliminary Study, 24( 4 ):175-176.
- Reger, S.I., Hyodo, A., Negami, S., Kambic, H. E. & Sahgal, V. 1999. Experimental Wound Healing with Electrical Stimulation, Artificial Organs, Blackwell Science. Inc., international Society for artificial Organs 23(5): 460-462.
- Rodrigo Pegado de Abreu Freitas, Aline Barbosa Macedo, Anderson Rodrigues de Oliveira , Ana Maria de Oliveira Ramos and Wouber Hérickson de Brito Vieira, 2014, Comparative study of Low-level laser therapy and micro-current on the healing of skin burns in rats, Acta Scientiarum, Health Sciences Maringá,36(1): 5-10.
- Steven, L.H., Mathew, J.C. and Gloria, J.Y. 2008. The Effect of Magnetic Fields on Wound Healing: Experimental Study and Review of the Literature. Eplasty,8: e40, PMC2490801.
- Sun, Yung-Shin, Peng, Shigh-Wei and Cheng, Ji-Yen 2012. In Vitro electrical- stimulated wound healing chip for studying electric- assisted wound healing process, Biomicrofluidics,6: 034117.
- Trostel, C. Todd, McLaughlin, Ron M., Lamberth, John G., Cooper, Robert C., Elder, Steven H., Pool, Roy R., Gao,C., Cromiak ,Joseph A. and Boyle, Carolyn R.,2003. Effects of pico-tesla electromagnetic field treatment on wound healing in rats, AJVR, 64(7):845-854.
- Zhao, J., Li, Y., Deng, K., Yun, P., and Gong, T. 2017. Therapeutic Effects of Static Magnetic Field on Wound Healing in Diabetic Rats, Journal of Diabetes Research Volume 2017. Article ID 6305370, 5 pages https://doi.org/10.1155/2017/6305370