A survey was organised from August 2016 to February 2020 in the forest areas and agricultural areas of Akola district to know the diversity of Beetles for further research. A total of 68 genera and 90 species belonging to 13 different families of beetles viz. Buprestidae (Metallic Wood-boring Beetle), Carabidae (Ground Beetles), Cerambycidae, Chrysomelidae (Leaf beetles), Coccinellidae, Dytiscidae, Geotrupidae, Gyrinidae, Hydrophilidae, Hybosoridae, Meloidae (Blister Beetles), Scarabaeidae, Tenebrionidae (Darkling Beetles) were collected and identified from various habitats along with their valid scientific names, systematic position, and distribution within agricultural fields and forest areas of Akola district.
- Arnett R. H. 1973. Beetles of the U.S.A. manual for identification, American Entomological Institute, Ann Arbor Michigan. MI. 11-12.
- Borges A.V, Oromi P, Serrano RM, Amorim IR and Pereiara F, 2007. Biodiversity patterns of carvernicolous ground beetles and their conservation status in the Azores with the description of a new species : Trechus isabelae n.s.p. (Coleoptera : Carabidae : Trechinae). Zootaxa, 1478: 21-31.
- Chandra K. and Ahirwar S. C., 2005. Scarabaeid beetles of Bandhavgarh National Park, Madhya Pradesh. Zoos’ print journal, 20 (8): 1961-1964.
- Chandra K., 2007. On a collection of pleurostict Scarabaeidae (Coleoptera) from the Great Himalayan National Park, Himachal Pradesh, India. Zoos’ print journal, 22 (9) : 2821-2823.
- Choate P. M., 2001. Manual for identification of the ground beetles (Coleoptera : carabidae) (including tiger beetles) of Florida.
- Jonathan J. K., P P Kulkarni And Tikader B. K. 1986. Manual: Collection, Preservation and identification of Insects and Mites of Economic Importance. Printed at Art Printing House, Calcutta-16 and published by the Director, Zoological Survey of India, Calcutta.
- Kazmi S. I. and Ramamurthy V. V., 2004. Coleoptera (Insecta) fauna from the Indian Thar Desert. Rajasthan. Zoos’ print journal, 19 (4): 1447-1448.
- Knisley CB and Fenster MS, 2005. Apparent extinction of the tiger beetle Cicindela hirticollis abrupta (Coleoptera: Carabidae: Cicindelinae). The Coleopterists Bulletin, 59: 451-458.
- Knisley C. B., 2011. Anthropogenic disturbances and rare tiger beetle habitats: benefits, risks and implications for conservation. Terrestrial Arthropod Reviews, 4: 41-61.
- Moitreyee Banerjee, 2014. Diversity and Composition of Beetles (Order: Coleoptera) of Durgapur, West Bengal, India. Psyche- A Journal of Entomology. Article ID 792746.
- Morgan M, Knisley C. B and Vogler A. P., 2000. New Taxonomic Status of the Endangered Tiger Beetle Cicindela limbata albissima (Coleoptera: Cicindelidae): Evidence from mtDNA. Annals of the Entomological Society of America, 93(5): 1108- 1115.
- Rafi M. A., Jürgen W, Matin M.A., Zia A, Sultan A. and Naz F., 2010. Faunistics of tiger beetles (Coleoptera: Cicindelidae). Pak. J. Insect Sci., 10(116): 1536-2442.
- Sharma R. M., Mulganina M. and Chakraborty P., 2004. Beetles of Kalotop Khanjjiar Wildlife Sanctuary, Himachal Pradesh. Zoos’ print journal, 19 (9): 16-26.
- Satoh A., Ueda T, Enokido Y, Hori M, 2003. Patterns of species assemblages and geographical distributions associated with mandible size differences in coastal tiger beetles in Japan. Population Ecology, 45 (2): 67-74.
- Slipinski S. A., Leschen R.A.B. and Lawrence J. F., 2011. Order Coleoptera Linnaeus, 1758. In: Zhang, Z. Q. (Ed.) Animal Biodiversity: An outline of higher-level classification and survey of Taxonomic richness. Zootaxa, 3148: 203-208.
- Scudder, Geoffrey G. E. Cannings, Robert A., 2005. Project Report; Beetle Families of British Columbia, Project Number: Y051001). Forest Investment Account (FIA) - Forest Science Program.
- Thakare V. G. and Zade V. S., 2012a. Diversity of beetles (Insecta: Coleoptera) from the vicinity of Semadoh makhala road, Sipna range, Melghat Tiger Reserve, (M.S.) India. Bioscience Discovery, 3 (1): 112-115.
- Wiesner J., 1975. Notes on Cicindelidae of India and Sri Lanka. Cicindela, 7(4), 61-70.
- Yves Bousquet, 1990. Beetles associated with stored products in Canada: An identification guide. Research Branch Agriculture Canada Publication.
- Yadav, A.K., Yadav, D., Shanker, K., Verma, R K., Saxena, A. K. and Gupta, M.M. 2009. Flavone glycoside based validated RP-LC method for quality evaluation of Prishniparni (Uraria picta). Chromatographia, 69: 653 – 658.
- Yusuf, M., Chowdhury, J.U., Wahab, M.A. and Begum, J. 1994. Medicinal plants of Bangladesh. BSCIR Laboratories, Chittagong, Bangladesh.
- Zhu, K.X., Lian, C.X., Guo, X.N., Peng, W. and Zhou, H.M. 2011. Antioxidant activities and total phenolic contents of various extracts from defatted wheat germ. Food Chemistry, 126: 1122 - 1126.