Raj Yoga is one of the tested spiritual, holistic healing approaches nowadays used for every field for promoting self-esteem in healthy and unwell patients at mental and psychological levels. Cancer is one of the end-stage diseases that give not only physical pain but also causes psychological threats to the patient. The patient may experience grief, fear of death, loneliness, low self-esteem and other emotional changes resulting in depression and anxiety disorders. During this stage, some spiritual or holistic healing approaches are must for the enhanced wellbeing status of cancer patients, so the current study is focused on evaluating the effectiveness of Raj Yoga Meditation in cancer patients in selected hospital of Punjab In this study, the Raj Yoga Meditation programme was introduced for 15-20 minutes per day for six consecutive days to the experimental group. Although the study period was concise, however, the results showed that there was a significant difference between pre-test (141.64±18.9624) and post-test (167.400±23.0922) wellbeing scores at the 0.05 level of significance.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
- Agarwal, K., Fortune, L., Heintzman, J. C., & Kelly, L. L. 2020. Spiritual experiences of long-term meditation practitioners diagnosed with breast cancer: an interpretative phenomenological analysis pilot study. Journal of religion and health, 1-17.
- Anonymous, 2020a. Retrieved from https://www.cancerindia.org.in/cancer-statistics/ (accessed on 25 October 2020).
- Anonymous, 2020b. Down To Earth | Latest news, opinion, analysis on environment. Retrieved from https://www.downtoearth.org.in (accessed on 26 October 2020).
- Anonymous, 2020c. Retrieved from www.brahmakumaris.com (accessed on 17 November 2020).
- Goyal, A. K., Bakshi, J., Rani, S., Didi, B. A., & Anand, A. 2018. Is Rajyoga helpful in maintaining patient’s biochemical and hematological profile during breast cancer treatment?. Journal of Complementary and Integrative Medicine, 16(2).
- Kiran, U., Ladha, S., Makhija, N., Kapoor, P. M., Choudhury, M., Das, S. & Airan, B. 2017. The role of Rajyoga meditation for modulation of anxiety and serum cortisol in patients undergoing coronary artery bypass surgery: A prospective randomized control study. Annals of cardiac anaesthesia, 20(2), 158.
- Maini, S., Kaur, H., & Maini, N. 2011. Effect of Rajyoga meditation on the Heart Rate blood pressure and ECG. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research, 5(8), 1519-1522.
- Sain, M., Singh, A., Kaur, A., & Zalpouri, R. 2020. Metaphysical energy based sustainable yogic farming for enhanced productivity and farmers’ well being: A Review. Environment Conservation Journal, 21(3): 63-68.
- Singh,A.,Sharma,B.S.,Kaur,A.,Kumari,A.,Anju.,Rani,B.,Saini,D.,Kaur,G. 2019.Effectiveness of Rajyoga meditation for holistic healing in addicted patients: A quasi Experimental study. International Journal of Advanced Research and review.11:64-67.