Organophosphate pesticides Malathion used as pest control agent in agriculture, household, kitchen and other places. Malathion is found in market with different trade names. It is used with its action properties against various insects and pest. It is used with the largest group of poisonous substances that are widely broadcast today. Present study is based on the effects of different doses of Malathion on routine hematological parameters like RBCs, WBCs, Hb%, CT, PT, ESR, PCV, MCV, MCH, and MCHC. Four doses were selected according to the body weight of albino rats. The doses were selected as four types on the basis of per kilogram body weight of albino rat. They were 25, 50, 75,100 mg per Kg body weight for 7 and 15 days of treatment.The findings indicate that the above parameter fluctuates significantly as amount of dose increases. Hematological parameter indicates that the total body of the animals gets affected by the Malathion. It causes various other toxicological effects on the body of albino rats. There was a combined study of male and female albino rats.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
- Akinrotimi, O.A., Abu, O.M.G., Ansa, E.J., Edun, O.M., George, O.S. 2009. Hematological responses of Tilapia guineensis to acute stress. Int J Nat Appl Sci., 5: 338-348.
- Ambali, S.F., Abubakar, A.T., Shittu, M., Yaqub, L.S., Anafi, S.B., Abdullahi, A. 2010. Chlorpyrifos-induced alterations of hematological parameters in Wistar rats: Ameliorative effect of zinc. Res J Environ Toxicol., 4: 55-66.
- Atamanalp, Y.T., Haliloglu, H. and Aras, M.S. 2002. Alterations in the hematological parameters of rainbow trout, Oncorhynchus mykiss, exposed to cypermethrin. The Israeli J Aquacult Bamidgeh, 54: 99-103.
- Bhai, S., Idress, T. and Nath, N. 1971. Haematological changes in rats injected with aceto ace tate. Proc. Soc. Exp. Biol. Med., 138(2): 597-9.
- Bharti, C. 1994. Toxicity of Insecticides and effects on the behaviour of the blood clam Anadoragranosa. Water, Air soil Poll., 75 (1&2): 88-91.
- Bigoniyaa, P., Sahua, T. and Tiwari, V. 2015. Hematological and biochemical effects of sub-chronic artesunate exposure in rats. Toxicol Rep., 2: 280-288.
- Choudhary, N. and Joshi, S.C. 2002. Effect of short term endosulfan on hematology and serum analysis of male rat. Indian Journal of Toxicology, 9(2): 83-87.
- Damalas, C.A. and Koutroubas, S.D. 2016. Farmers’ Exposure to Pesticides: Toxicity Types and Ways of Prevention Toxics; 4:1-10.
- Das, B.K and Mukherjee, S.C. 2003. Toxicity of cypermethrin in Labeo rohita fingerlings: biochemical, enzymatic and hematological consequences. Comp Biochem Physiol. Part C, 134: 109-121.
- Garg, V.K., Garg, S.K. and Tyagi, S.K. 1989. Manganese induced haematological and biochemical abnormalities in Heteropneustes fossilis. J Environ Biol., 10: 349-353.
- Hayes, W.J. and Laws, E.R. (ed.) 1990. Handbook of Pesticide Toxicology, Vol.3, Classes of Pesticides. Academic Press, Inc. NY.
- Hymavathi, V. and Rao, L.M. 2000. Effect of Sublethal concentrations of lead on the haematology and biochemical constituents of Channapunctatus. Bulletin of Pure and Applied Sciences, 19A(1): 1-5.
- Isaac, L.J., Abah, G., Akpan, B. and Ekaette, I.U. 2013. Haematological properties of different breeds and sexes of rabbits. Proceedings of the 18th Annual Conference of Animal Science Association of Nigeria, p-24.
- Jung- Hoon, J., Masroor, F. and Ju-Chan, K. 2005. Responses of cypermethrin - induced stress in haematological parameters of Korean rockfish, Sebastes schlegeli (Hilgendorf). Aquaculture Research, 36: 898-905.
- Kartheek, R.M. and David, M. 2017. Modulations in Haematological Aspects of Wistar Rats Exposed to Sublethal Doses of Fipronil under Subchronic Duration. J. Pharmaceutical, Chemical and Biological Sciences, 5(3):187-194.
- Kori-Siakpere, O. and Oboh, E.C. 2011. Haematological effects of sublethal concentrations of tobacco leaf dust on the African catfish: Clarias gariepinus (Burchell 1822). Arch Appl Sci Res; 3: 93-502.
- Kumar, A.A, Tripathy, A.P. and Tripathy, A.K. 2001. Effect of dimecron on the blood parameter of Heteropneustes fossilis. J Environ Biol., 22: 297-299.
- Kumar, A., D.M.H.S., John, N., Sushma, D.J., Kumar, S. and JayanthaRao, K. 1996. Haematological changes in albino rats under aldrin intoxication. Indian Journal of Comparative Animal Physiology, 14(1): 63-66.
- Kumar, B. 1990. Histological and Histopathological changes induced by pesticides on the fresh water Teleost fish clarious balarchus, Ph. D. Thesis Patna University, Patna, India.
- Madhavee, L.P. 2006. Effect of monocrotophos on selected biochemical parameters, light and electron microscope study on albino mice. Ph.D. Thesis, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati, India.
- Magar, R.S. and Dube, K.V. 2012. Impact of malathion on some haematological parameters of Channa punctatus (Bloch). Int J Biomed Adv Res., 03: 683-685.
- Mehra, B.L., Sharma, P., Kaushik, U. and Joshi, S.C. 2014. Effect of Fytolan on Haematology and Serum Parameters of Male Albino Rats. Int J Pharma Res Health Sci., 2: 332-338.
- Mehreen, R. and Yousafzai, A.M. 2017. Toxic effects of insecticides malathion and cypermethrin on hematological parameters in blood of male rabbits (Oryctolagus cuniculus) JEZS, 5(3): 154-158.
- Nagarjuna, 2007. Effect of cypermethrin on hematological, protein metabolism and histological studies in albino rats. Ph.D. Thesis, Sri Venkateswara University Tirupati, India.
- Naik, M.M., Reddy, J.S.M., Sugunakar Y.J., Udaykiran, K.V. and Sivasankar, R. 2018. Alterations of hematological parameters under chlorpyrifosintoxication in mice. 7; (1-d); 8935-8944.
- O' Brien, R.D. 1967. Effect of induction by pentobarbital upon susceptibility of Mice to Insecticides. Bull. Environ. contamin Toxico J., 2: 163.
- Parma, M.J., Loteste, A., Campane, M. and Baccheta, C. 2007. Changes in haematological parameters in Prochilodus lineatus exposed to sublethal concentration of cypermethrin. J Environ Biol., 28: 147-149.
- Pasarela, N.R., Brown, R.G. and Shafter, C. B.1962. Feeding of Malathion to cattle residue analysis of milk and tissue. J. Agri, Food Chem., 10, 7.
- Pickering, Q.H.C., Henderson, and Lemke, A.E. 1962. The toxicity of organophosphorus insecticides to different sps. of warm water fishes. Trans, Amer, Fish-Soc., 91: 175-184.
- Pimpao, C.T., Zampronio, A.R. and De Assis, H.C.S. 2007. Effects of deltamethrin on hematological parameters and enzymatic activity in Ancistrus multispinis (Pisces, Teleostei). Pest Biochem Physiol., 88: 122-127.
- Prasad, O. and Rai, G. 1988. Haematological changes Induced by feeding a common non- nutritative sweetemer saceharin in Albino mice. J. Environ Biol., 9(1): 39-44.
- Pravabati, D.S. and Tombi, S.H. 1988. Azo-carmine induced Haematological and Bio-chemical changes in Albino rat (Rattus Norvegicus). J Environ Biol., 9(1): 21 - 25.
- Rahman, M.F. and Siddiqui, M.K.J. 2006. Hematological and clinical chemistry changes induced by subchronic dosing of a novel phosphorothionate (RPR-V) in wistar male and female rats. Drug and Chemical Toxicology, 29: 95-110.
- Rahman, M.F., Siddiqui, M.K.J., Mahaboob, M. and Mustafa, M.J. 1990. Hematological and hepatotoxic effects of isoprocrab in chicken. Journal of Applied Toxicology, 10(3): 187-92.
- Reena, K., Ajay, K. and Sharma, C.B. 1989. Haematological changes induced by dimethoate in rat. Arh.Hig. Rad. Tokzikol., 40(1): 23-1.
- Sharma, R.K. and Saxena, Y. 1983. Haematological study of Indian desert gerbil, Meriones hurrianae (Jerdon) after brodifacoum poisoning. Indian Journal of Comparative Animal Physiology, 1(2): 23-28.
- Siddiqui, M.A. 2004.Toxicological and Immunological studies of subacute exposure of cockerels to imidacloprid and quinalphos. M.V.Sc. Thesis, Gujarat Agricultural University, Anand, India.
- Singh, Z., Kaur, J., Kaur, R. and Hundal, S.S. 2016. Toxic Effects of Organochlorine Pesticides: A Review. Amer J Bios., 4:11-18.
- Solanke, A.K and Singh, V.H. 2000. Haematological changes in rat, Rattusrattus after repeated exposure to thiodan 35 EC. Environmental and Ecology, 18(2): 529- 31.
- Taylor, J.D. and Richards, R.K. 1968. Wiegand; Totxicological studies with Sodium Cyclamate and Saccharin, Fd, Cosmet. Toxicol., 6: 313-327.
- Yekeen, T.A., Okorie, T.G. and Bakare, A.A. 2007. Acute and chronic toxicity of the synthetic pyrethroid deltamethrin in mice. Asian Journal of Microbiology, Biotechnology and Environmental Sciences, 9(1):11-17.
- Zaratiziam, V.C., Arnnault, L.T., Michel, T.C. and Fitzhigh, O.G. 1961. Effects of organophosphates delnor and Malathion in dog. Fed Proc. 20. 432.