Current study was conducted to evaluate the influence of organic and zero budget natural farming on growth and yield of Soybean (Glycine max. L) under mountainous conditions of Himachal Pradesh. During the experimental period the variety of Soybean (Palam Soya) was sowed with eight treatments and three replications. The treatments consist of T1 -FYM-10t/ha+Rhizobium,T2-Vermicompost-7.5t/ha+Rhizobium,T3- FYM- 5 t/ha + vermicompost -3.75 t/ha + Rhizobium-T4 -Natural farming (Ghanjivamrit+Jivamrit+Bijamrit), T5 -FYM-10t/ha + vermiwash -3 spray, T6 -Vermicompost- 10t/ha +vermiwash – 3 spray, T7- Ghanjivamrit-125 kg/ha and T8 – FYM -5t/ha + ghanjivamrit – 125kg/ha with Randomized Block Design (RBD). During the course of study significantly highest plant height (cm), number of leaves, number of branches at various growth stages, days taken to 50 percent flowering and maturity were influenced by vermicompost along with three sprays of vermiwash. The significantly highest biological yield (2409.09kg /ha), seed yield (825 kg/ ha) and yield attributes of Soybean crop were recorded in the treatment T6 –Vermicompost @ 10t/ha + 3 sprays of vermiwash during the experiment.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
- Aruna and Reddy, N. S. 1999. Response of soybean (Glycine max) to conjunctive use of organic and inorganic sources of nitrogen . Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 69(5): 382-383.
- Donald, C. M. and Hamblin, J. 1976. The biological yield and harvest index of cereals as agronomic and plant breeding criteria. Advances in Agronomy, 28(3): 361-405.
- Follet, R., Donahue, R. and Murphy, L. 1981. Soil and soil amendments. Prentice hall Inc, New Jersey.
- Gomiero, T., Paoletti, M. G. and Pimentel, D. 2008. Energy and environmental issues in organic and conventional agriculture. CRC Critical Reviews in Plant Sciences, 27: 239–254.
- Helms, T. C. and Orff, J. H. 1998. Protein, oil, and yield of soybean lines selected for increased protein. Crop Science, 38:707?711.
- Lakaria, B. L., Jha, P. and Biswas, A. K. 2011. Soil carbon dynamics under long term use of organic manures. In: Singh, A. B., Sammi, Reddy, K., Manna, M. C. and Subba, Rao, A. (Eds.), Recycling Organic Wastes for Soil Health and Productivity, Agrotech Publishing Academy, Udaipur, Rajasthan, India, 83-93.
- Manyuchi, M. M., Phiri, A., Muredzi, P. and Chitambwe, T. 2013. Comparison of vermicompost and vermiwashbiofertilizers from vermicomposting waste corn pulp. In Proceedings of World Academy of Science , Engineering and Technology (WASET), 78: 346.
- More, S. R., Mendhe, S. N., Kolte H. S., Yenpediwar, M. D. and Choudhary, R. L. 2008. Growth and yield attributes of soybean as influenced by nutrient management. Journal of Soils and Crops, 18(1): 154-157.
- Pattanshetti, V. A., Agasimani, C. A. and Babalad, H. B. 2002. Effect of manures and fertilizers on yield of maize and soybean under intercropping. Journal of Maharashtra Agricultural Universities, 27(2): 206-207.
- Rana, R. and Badiyala, D. 2014. Effect of integrated nutrient management on seed yield, quality and nutrient uptake of soybean (Glycine max) under mid hill conditions of Himachal Pradesh. Indian Journal of Agronomy, 59(4): 641-645.
- Soni, J. C. and Vyas, M. D. 1984. Effect of different, levels of phosphate on the growth, yield and quality of new promising varieties of soybean. M.Sc. (Ag.) Thesis, JNKVV, Jabalpur.
- Walker, D. J., Clemente, R. and Bernal, M. P. 2004. Contrasting effects of manure and compost on soil pH, heavy metal availability and growth of Chenopodium album L. in a soil contaminated by pyritic mine waste. Chemosphere, S7: 215-224.
- Yadav, A. K., Kumar, K., Singh, S. and Sharma, M. 2005. Vermiwash: A liquid bio fertilizer. Uttar Pradesh Journal of Zoology, 25(1): 97-99.